Rickards and Cleaver
The Firm dates back to 1796 and as such is one of the oldest Firms in Derbyshire if not the Country. The attitudes and outlook of the Firm are, however, far more contemporary.
Our aim is to be both approachable and efficient at all times. We want our clients to feel welcome but also confident that his or her legal affairs will be dealt with in a professional and competent manner. It is we who are privileged if you instruct us as a client-not the other way around.
We have solicitors with an average experience in excess of 20 years with quality marks awarded by The Law Society.
At Rickards & Cleaver We Care
We care enough to work to a standard not just to a price – you are our customer; you are not a number, you are a human being and although you may require services from us that are familiar to us we know that your own circumstances are unique and we take the time to understand them.
- Matters will always be dealt with by a qualified solicitor
- We are committed to providing the very best legal services available with an open and fair charging structure that allows you to see from the outset what you will be paying. This means no large unexpected extras on top of your final invoice. You will be able to plan and budget properly for the services that you require
- As we have a range of solicitors at the practice with a variety of skills, qualifications and experience, we will always allocate the most suitably qualified for your individual requirements and the chosen solicitor will stay with you through to completion, meaning that you maintain a level of consistency not often found in other practices
- We have established our own regional network of legal and financial service providers to ensure that if we cannot help directly, then we can refer you to another professional company with whom we have close ties and whom we know will provide you with the same standards of service that we expect of ourselves
- We are an equal opportunities employer and have a zero tolerance approach to any form of discrimination on account of age, sex, gender orientation, sexuality, religion, creed or colour
- We support our local and national charities, including Cancer Research UK, Air Ambulance, Will Aid, Amnesty International, Age UK, the British Heart Foundation, Macmillan, Cats Protection League and Ashgate Hospice in their fundraising efforts
Since 1796 We Have:
- Helped thousands of people: buy their first home; re mortgage in tough economic times; move into their dream homes and safeguard their homes from being sold to provide for care fees in old age
- Helped thousands of unhappy couples resolve their relationship disputes amicably, or where this has not been possible, efficiently, so that they can get on with living their lives with dignity and self respect
- Helped thousands of people deal with legal issues affecting their children and where Social Care become involved, helped families to re-establish their relationships in the best interests of the children
- Helped thousands of families plan for their retirement and old age by offering specialist advice on Wills, tax planning, Trusts and Powers of Attorney
- Helped thousands of people cope with bereavement by offering sympathetic and specialist advice on administering Wills and post death tax and financial planning