This table shows the businesses providing advice on industrial diseases and how their customers have rated them.
Industrial diseases are any diseases or disabilities caused by employment, such as repetitive acts or exposure to chemicals.
There are many illnesses that are a result of where you work, here are a few, but this is by now means an exhaustive list:
- Asbestosis - This is a lung disease resulting from the inhalation of asbestos particles.
- Cancer (often bone, female breast, testis or thyroid) - Exposure to electromagnetic radiations or to ionising particles where the dose is sufficient to double the risk of the occurrence of the condition. For example, people working in the nuclear industry and hospital X-ray departments.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome - The use of hand-held powered tools whose internal parts vibrate so as to transmit that vibration to the hand, but excluding those tools which are solely powered by hand.
- Anthrax - Contact with anthrax spores, including contact with animals infected by anthrax.
- Contact dermatitis - Substance you're exposed to that irritates your skin or triggers an allergic reaction. The substance could be one of thousands of known allergens and irritants, most commonly latex gloves.